Monday, March 2, 2009

It's Monday Already?

As expected, I didn't do anything after my Evolution exam last Thursday. I picked up Andrea from UT, we went to pick up four free tickets to the UT women's basketball team v. Baylor game (Why? I don't know. We had nothing to do this weekend, so we thought we'd waste our time there. I know no one cares about women's basketball, but it was something to do), and then we had a disgusting lunch. For those of you who aren't from ATX, Austin is one of the worst places for Asian food. If you're going to eat out in Austin, I highly recommend staying away from Asian food and getting Tex-Mex or BBQ instead. If you don't like Tex-Mex or BBQ, are a vegetarian, or a liberal hippy who only likes things organic, then go to Kerbey Lane. You'll be doing yourself a favor, trust me...I'm a doctor.

Haha, speaking of which...I remember my first or second year at UT, I saw some cross-eyed girl on the bus who had a shirt that said, "Trust me, I'm a doctor." That cracked me up...like, literally cracked me up right in front of her. I wasn't sure if she saw me laughing at her or not. She did look in my direction, but she looked as if she was looking at something behind me. I did turn around and saw no one there, so maybe she was looking at me? Matters not.

So yeah...we did absolutely nothing this weekend. I planned on cleaning the house and doing laundry, but neither of those two things were accomplished. Instead, we spent the weekend over at Auntie Linda's, who was having a bad week. Not only was she fighting a week-long battle against the flu, but her cat, Samantha, of eighteen years was put to sleep.

Sam had kidney failure and couldn't even eat by herself. Auntie had to blend her food, put it in a syringe, and squirt it in her mouth. And even then, Sam couldn't keep any of the liquefied food down. Auntie just put her to sleep, so Sam wouldn't suffer. It was quite sad. I bet it's worse than losing a child. At least with a cat, you don't have to watch over it 24/7. And unlike a child, it doesn't talk back to you and pisses you off. I don't know.

I called Auntie to ask if she wanted to go to the UT v. Baylor game with us, but she said no. She still wasn't feeling well enough to go, then she told me about Sam...then started crying. Bawling. I couldn't even make out what she was saying. Talk about awkward. I've never heard Auntie Linda cry, so this was a completely new thing for me. She's one of the strongest people I know. I consider Auntie like a second mother to me, so hearing her cry made me want to cry. But since I'm such a hard ass, I couldn't.

After the stupid game on Saturday afternoon (we lost because the UT girls play like a middle school JV team), we went to Chili's with Shelly (she went with us to the game), Andrea's friend who she met through her basketball class and teammate off of their intramural basketball team. We always eat at Chili's because it's cheap, so...yeah.

Anyhow, while we were there having dinner, there was this guy who kept looking in my direction. I think he worked there since he was at a table with other people who worked there too. People who just got off their shifts would migrate to the table that had everyone else who just got off, or were waiting for their shift to begin, etc. Since I worked at Chili's for a few years, I can pick up on similar practices like that since I did. So yeah, this guy just kept looking over at us. Then he'd say something, then two or three other guys he was with would look back at us and smile. Really mature stuff.

Then finally, this guy gets up from his table, says something to his friends, and walks in our direction. He comes up to our table, tells us to have a good evening, slides me a piece of paper, and then leaves. I flip the note over, and sure enough, it's a poor attempt to get me to call him: "Hi, my name's X, and I was really shy to come up to talk to you. I'm single and have been for a while. I thought you were really cute and funny, and you caught my attention. If you're interested, please call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX."

Lame. If you're interested in talking to me, then come up to talk to me! I think that goes for any girl. We like confidence. If you can't even come up to us and introduce yourself, then you shouldn't bother with trying to get anything else from us.

So after we left Chili's, we went home and played Rock Band and Guitar Hero. You see how terribly lame we are? That's how we spend our free weekends, haha. Then after that, we went over to Auntie Linda's and brought her dinner. Andrea brought some DVDs, and we watched two movies. We didn't finish the movies till 1:30 A.M., so Auntie Linda told just to spend the night, and we did.

We went to Mass the next morning at 11:30, then went to Chili's again for lunch. Auntie Linda loves Chili's, especially the chocolate molten cake, which I hate...but, whatever. And again:

Our server, "I know you from somewhere..."
Me, "Impossible. I've never been here before."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah..."
"Have you worked at Washington Mutual before?"
"Nope." (What do I know about savings and loans?)
"You sure?"
"Yeah." (Don't you always love that, when someone asks you if you're sure of something about yourself, i.e. "Are you sure you don't have a twin sister?")
"Because I worked with a girl who looked just like you."
"Well, I'm not her."
"Well, I'll definitely remember you from now on. I always remember a pretty face."

Gag.

I got my Chemistry exam back today. I'm disappointed. I got a low B. I looked over my calculations and the key. I'm such an idiot. I did my calculations correctly, but wrote down the wrong final answer. What the? I didn't have time to look over my answers and made a lot of stupid, careless mistakes. So unlike me. Oh well, it happens. We have two more exams in there, so I'll be okay. I better be, anyway.

Andrea just told me that Demetri Martin is coming to UT next week! How exciting! I just read that he went to Yale and nearly graduated from NYU Law School. Wow. Did he just become more attractive? Ha. If any of you are interested, please give me a call or send a text.

I'm excited that tonight's the season finale of The Bachelor! I doubt that Jason's going to pick Deanna; but man, wouldn't that make for such a dramatic and wonderful, albeit wrong, season? Maybe it wouldn't be too wrong. Deanna dumped him last season for another guy. And to add insult to injury, she allowed him to propose to her, and then told him that she chose someone else. Ha. And now that Jason's the new bachelor this season, Deanna's going to try to win him back. They showed some clips of her return, and she's alone with him, telling him that she made a mistake. Maybe he will take her back?

I don't know if I'd be able to take an ex back. Well, especially if I was in Jason's shoes, where he's already in love with someone else. I don't know if I could take an ex back after falling for someone else. I don't know. I mean, I know that you always have a place in your heart reserved for said person, but...eek, I don't know. I think people deserve second chances, but...wow. I'm not in that position right now, so I really don't know. If I ever am, expect a good entry. Haha.

All right, well I need to start studying for my Bio lab quiz. I haven't done so yet, and lab starts at 2. I'll write more later.

1 comment: