Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This is Better than Fuck You Friday

It is, I promise.

I apologize for not writing one up for last week. It was Grace's 21st birthday, Andrea's 22nd, and Paul's 22nd all last weekend. Busy, busy, busy. I didn't have time to write one. Plus, I don't think anyone really pissed me off enough to make the FUF.

As some of you already know, I'm a HUGE Beatles fan. I'm not one of those poser fans that only likes their hits, or who can just name all four members. We're talking about obsessed.

And as some of you already know, I've been raving on and on and anticipating the arrival of The Beatles: Rock Band on September 9, 2009 (09.09.09 - very significant numbers. Why? Ask me!). It's really sad. I talk about it on my blog, and I talk about it even more in person.

This was released last week by Gamestop:

Photobucket

OH...

MY...

GOSH!!!


Ringo's drums?!?! Paul's Hofner?!?! I'm in heaven.

The bundle's $250 though. Geez. The game's only $60. Evidently, the contents inside the box are supposedly worth $200 more than just the game. As you just read above, the bundle includes Ringo's infamous drums, a mic stand, and Paul's Hofner. Is that really worth $200 though? With that price, it should include a couple of more mics. The Beatles, like many other groups of their times, had great harmonies. You'll need more than one microphone since it takes more than just one person to pull off anything remotely close to The Beatles's harmonies. That's great that a mic stand's included, but c'mon.

I'm sure the "additional special content" was also included in its $200 worth. I wonder what it is. They haven't yet released it. Maybe they'll let us in on the secret near the target date, or maybe they'll keep mum and make us buy the bundle to find out what it is. I hope it's a collection of Beatle apparel: collarless jackets from the early years, British military tanned suits (Shea Stadium), vintage Beatle leather boots, colorful Sgt. Pepper jackets, and Beatle mop top wigs. That'd be so sweet.

I doubt that I'm right though. Something tells me that I'll be let down when I open the box and find a freaking gay Yoko Ono blow-up doll that's labeled "additional special content" on the sticker. I'll seriously be so pissed. I might even consider returning the bundle and writing hate mail to Harmonix, the makers of the game.

The set list is also not available yet. The game is said to contain 25 songs that reflect their entire career. My guess is that they're only going to include songs from their studio albums. I hope, hope, hope that they're not strictly going to include their songs off of 1, an album released in 2000 that featured all of their singles that hit #1 in both the U.K. and U.S. charts. That certainly would not do their career any justice since no singles were released off of Sgt. Pepper and the White Album. If they were smart, they'd mirror the picks off of their "Red" (1962-1966) and "Blue" (1967-1970) albums.

My hopeful assumptions:

1. "Love Me Do"
2. "She Loves You"
3. "I Want to Hold Your Hand"
4. "A Hard Day's Night"
5. "Can't Buy Me Love"
7. "Yesterday"
8. "Help!"
10. "In My Life"
11. "Yellow Submarine" (I don't really hope this will be on there, but it will. It's the only song sung by Ringo that people know)
12. "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
13. "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"
14. "A Day in the Life"
15. "I Am the Walrus"
16. "Strawberry Fields Forever"
17. "Penny Lane"
18. "All You Need is Love"
19. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
20. "Get Back"
21. "Come Together"
22. "Something"
23. "Let It Be"
24. "Across the Universe"
25. "The Long and Winding Road"

Does anyone else have any guesses? I'll be happy to read/listen to them.

I know I'll wrote more about this as soon as there are more updates. Plus, I will be having a Beatles Rock Band party on the release date. I'll keep y'all posted.

In the meantime, however, you can reserve your bundle from Gamestop for XBox 360, Wii, or PS3, or just the game for your XBox 360, Wii, or PS3.

No comments:

Post a Comment